Introducing a new visual gnosis activity for adults! Sort the Money is an exercise with high ecological value for adults to become familiar with and identify the coins and banknotes of their country’s (or others!) currency.
What does it consist of?
Sort the Money consists of classifying coins and banknotes by their value. In this video we show you how to play:
What is the objective of this activity?
The objective of this exercise is to teach adults how to handle money, since patients have to identify all the coins and banknotes as to not confuse them.
High ecological value
Sort the Money is an exercise with high ecological value. In our day to day life, money management is fundamental.
What does this activity work?
This activity works:
- Visual gnosis, since patients have to detect, identify and differentiate each coin and bill.
- Selective attention because they have to sort through mixed denominations at once.
Ways to work with this activity of visual gnosis for adults.
Sort the money is a generator and, as with all NeuronUP generators, it generates unlimited and ecological activities. The patient will learn what to do (put the coins and bills in the correct place), but they’ll never be able to memorize the activity, as every new activity will always be slightly different than the previous.
And, like all NeuronUP generators, it has three ways you can work with it:
1. Correction Mode
The platform gives feedback while the patient does the activity letting them know how they are doing.
2. Free Mode
Patient works without platform and finds out the activity results upon completing the activity.
3. Personalized Mode
This mode allows us to customize each generator to the needs and circumstances of each patient.
You can customize:
3.1. General Aspects:
- The operation: correction or free mode.
- Maximum errors.
- The maximum time permitted for the activity.
- If you want a visible timer for the activity or not.
- If you want to include an inactivity warning or not.
- Customize the activity instructions.
- The currency ($USD, €uro, £GBP, $AUD, etc.).
- Number of elements (how many coins, bills need to be classified).
- Specific bills and coins to be included in the activity.
You can choose whether the item is dragged to the correct spot or the action is done by clicking the bill/coin and then clicking again on the correct categoy.
This activity is available in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese
Kids version of this activity
Sort your Money has a kids version called Sort your Piggy Bank. In this article, you can read more in detail about that activity.